The Subcommittee on Communications, Technology and the Internet and the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection will hold a joint hearing titled, “Behavioral Advertising: Industry Practices and Consumers’ Expectations” on Thursday, June 18, 2009, at 10:00am (Washington D.C. time). The hearing will examine the potential privacy implications of behavioural advertising.
- Jeffrey Chester, Executive Director, Center for Digital Democracy
- Scott Cleland, President, Precursor LLC
- Charles D. Curran, Executive Director, Network Advertising Initiative
- Christopher M. Kelly, Chief Privacy Officer, Facebook
- Edward W. Felten, Professor of Computer Science and Public Affairs, Princeton University
- Anne Toth, Vice President of Policy, Head of Privacy, Yahoo! Inc.
- Nicole Wong, Deputy General Counsel, Google Inc.